The Good Times are Killing Me

Here we go!

Thursday, October 29, 2009

First Pumpkin Carving

















So this year Park Lane decided to do a pumpkin carving competition. I have never carved a pumpkin before...so i thought "Why not now?"

It took we a while to figure out how...luckily we live in the age of technology so a half an hour and a few youtube videos later, i had my ideas.

My first carve was to do a positive rendering of me. Yes i mean sculpting the pumpkin instead of just cutting holes out of it. After getting the desired pumpkin, i used a picture of myself for reference and template. It was definitely a learning experience as i went along...but i did notice how much fun i was having. :D

After about 6 hours of toying with it, I called it done.

Well while i was at work, all i could think about was carving some more. So i gathered some new images to use for reference, and as soon as i got off work i drove to the nearest walmart. Sadly they were all out of pumpkins. I went to Tom Thumb...same...HEB....they were closed....Another Tom Thumb....out of pumpkins... i thought to myself "Well my plan is ruined, guess i could check the Kroger on Forest." Lo and Behold! PUMPKINS! So i bought 3 hefty ones.

I got home and started carving, and i must say that i love the smell of a gutted pumpkin. ^_^
3 hours of pumpkinny goodness and Voila! A new sculpt. I was much happier with the way this one turned out than the first.

Here are some pictures. (Sorry about the quality, my laptop's webcam is the only camera i have :/ )

1 comment: